Digital medicine delivered right on your phone
It’s time to rethink how medicine is delivered. Say hello to Somryst™, the first and only prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for chronic insomnia in patients 22 years of age and older that’s delivered on your smartphone or tablet. Introducing a smart way to sleep.
"Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity. It has made a tremendous difference in the quality of my life."
"…a more realistic and natural approach to the widespread and growing problem of [chronic] insomnia."
"…it was so easy to incorporate into my daily life."
As seen on
Publication coverage and testimonials are based on those received for Sleep Healthy Using the Internet (SHUTi), an early version of Somryst with equivalent content. These testimonials reflect the experience of individual users. They do not guarantee Somryst will be effective for you.
Somryst isn't a sleep aid.
It's sleep training.
From building sharper sleep windows to maintaining detailed diaries, see how Somryst delivers lessons and activities that train your brain to get better sleep, all from the comfort of your smartphone or tablet.
*In clinical studies, data demonstrated persistent results at 6- and 12-month follow-ups.
Ditch short-term solutions.
Address the underlying issues.
With Somryst, you get a treatment for chronic insomnia that’s proven, recommended, and ready to go at the touch of a button. Get better sleep that lasts.
Have the doctor come to you.
Don't go to the doctor.
With Somryst, the entire process can be done online. First, you have a consultation with a healthcare professional. If they decide you’re a good candidate, they’ll write you a prescription. The rest of the process happens on your smartphone or tablet. No office visits, no traveling to the pharmacy, no need to leave the house. Get started as soon as tonight.
How about a discount?
Unlock Somryst discounts in seconds.
Indications for Use
Somryst™ is a prescription-only digital therapeutic intended to provide a neurobehavioral intervention (CBT-I) to patients 22 years of age and older with chronic insomnia. Somryst treats patients with chronic insomnia by improving a patient’s insomnia symptoms.
Who Should Use Somryst?
You should use Somryst if you:
- Are 22 or older with chronic insomnia
- Are able to read and understand English
- Have regular access to a mobile device (such as smartphone or tablet)
- Are familiar with how to use mobile apps (applications)
- Are able to upload data periodically. (In other words, you have internet/wireless connection access.)
- Are under the supervision of a Health Care Provider
Who Should Not Use Somryst™ (Contraindications)
Somryst uses sleep restriction and consolidation, limiting the time you spend in bed to match the amount of time you sleep. Sleep restriction and consolidation may worsen preexisting medical conditions. Because of this, it is not appropriate for everyone.
If you have any following conditions or disorders, you should not use Somryst:
- Any disorder worsened by sleep restriction (e.g. bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, other psychotic spectrum disorders)
- Untreated obstructive sleep apnea
- If you are at high risk of falls
- If you are pregnant
- If you have any other unstable or degenerative illness judged to be worsened by sleep restriction delivered as part of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia
If you are unsure whether you have any of the conditions or disorders listed, speak with your Health Care Provider.
Somryst™ is not for everyone. You and your Health Care Provider should discuss whether Somryst is right for you.
- Somryst is not for emergency use. Please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room in the event of a medical emergency.
- Do not use Somryst to communicate severe or urgent information to your Health Care Provider.
- Somryst is not meant to be used as treatment except under supervision of your Health Care Provider.
- Somryst is not meant to be a substitution for any treatment medication.
- Somryst contains sensitive medical information about you. It is important that you protect your information by password-protecting your smartphone or tablet and ensuring no one else has access to your device.
Sleep Restriction (and Consolidation) within Somryst can cause sleepiness, especially in the early stages of using the PDT. Somryst should not be used if you need to be alert or cautious to avoid serious accidents in your job or daily life. Examples include:
— Long-haul truck drivers— Long-distance bus drivers— Air traffic controllers— Operators of heavy machinery— Some assembly line jobs
Note: In the early stages of treatment, increased daytime sleepiness may be expected, but is usually temporary. However, if these experiences do not go away over a few weeks, please consult your health care provider as you may have a sleep disorder or medical condition other than insomnia. Also, at any point in the treatment, if you have trouble staying awake while performing potentially dangerous tasks (like driving) avoid these tasks or stop following the sleep restriction component of the therapy. For best results with Somryst, read and follow the instructions provided in each core, and stay with the therapy until the end. When reporting your sleep results, giving honest and accurate answers is important.
Care Regimen and Self-care
Following your Health Care Provider’s instructions for care is always important. If you need help managing your condition, speak with your Health Care Provider.